The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process at IDS is designed to attract the best possible candidates while ensuring fairness and equity is maintained.
Where do we advertise vacancies?
- All external vacancies are advertised on the IDS website and in Yellow Monday which is available weekly.
- In addition we use a number of websites including Guardian Online, Charity Jobs, Devnet and Oneworld.
- We also advertise in The Guardian or the Argus for some posts.
Applying for a job
- Vacancy Particulars are available for each post on our vacancies web page which includes a job description and person specification.
- All applications must be made on the online application form. We do not accept CVs.
- You will be prompted to complete an equal opportunities monitoring form as part of your application. This enables us to check that no member of the community is being disadvantaged through our recruitment process. This information is kept by HR and not shared with the shortlisting panel.
- We specify a closing date on the advert, which is usually two weeks from the date of the advert, and where possible we specify the interview date in order that applicants can ensure availability on that date. It is not usually possible to arrange an alternative interview date for individual applicants.
- Please check the UK Visas & Immigration website to see if you are eligible to work in the UK.
Coming for an interview
- If you have been shortlisted for interview a member of the HR department will contact you after the closing date to make the appropriate arrangements for you to attend.
- If you are invited to interview you will receive a written invite setting out the date and time and giving you further details of the process.
- All candidates who have been interviewed will be informed of the decision as soon as possible.