The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process at IDS is designed to attract the best possible candidates while ensuring fairness and equity is maintained.
Where do we advertise vacancies?
- All external vacancies are advertised on the IDS website and in Yellow Monday which is available weekly.
- In addition we use a number of websites including Guardian Online, Fish 4 Jobs, Charity Jobs, Devnet and Oneworld.
- We also advertise in The Guardian or the Argus for some posts.
Applying for a job
- The job advertisement will indicate where we are not able to apply for a work permit
- Further particulars are available for each post on our vacancies web page which includes a job description and person specification.
- All applications must be made on the IDS application form which is available to download from the website or by writing to the Human Resources Department at IDS. Applications can be returned to us by email or post. We do not accept CVs.
- You will be required to complete an equal opportunities monitoring form as part of your application. This enables us to check that no member of the community is being disadvantaged through our recruitment process. The form is detached from the application form during the shortlisting process.
- We specify a closing date on the advert, which is usually two weeks from the date of the advert, and where possible we specify the interview date in order that applicants can ensure availability on that date. It is not usually possible to arrange an alternative interview date for individual applicants.
Coming for an interview
- If you have been shortlisted for interview a member of the HR department will contact you after the closing date to make the appropriate arrangements for you to attend.
- As we receive a high level of applications for each post it is, unfortunately, not possible for us to contact you if you have not been selected for interview or to give feedback regarding your application form. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date then please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
- If you are invited to interview you will receive a written invite setting out the date and time and giving you further details of the process.
- All candidates who have been interviewed will be informed of the decision as soon as possible and we are happy to provide feedback.