Agri-Chains and Sustainable Development Conference 2016
The Corum, Montpellier, France
AC&SD 2016 will bring together up to 300 delegates, including key actors from developing countries and innovators from the field from all world regions, to debate about the role of agricultural value chains in the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The conference aims at strengthening the science and policy interface for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. Through specifying critical challenges and innovations, the conference will set the scene for drawing a shared agenda for research and action with regards to linking agri-chains and sustainable development.
Debates will focus on three themes:
- Performance and evaluation of agri-chains with respect to the SDGs
- Public policies and agri-chain governance mechanisms at different scales in support of the SDGs
- Concrete innovations and partnerships for building and transforming agri-chains towards sustainable development.
Distinguished speakers will include:
- Dr Roberto Ridolfi, Director for Sustainable Growth and Development at DG DEVCO (EU)
- Alexander Müller, German Council for Sustainable Development
- Prof. Lawrence Busch, Michigan State University
- Teresa Ribera, Director of IDDRI
- Estrella Penunia, Asian Famers Association
- Prof. Nora McKeon, Roma 3 University
- Steven Muchiri, CEO Eastern Africa Farmers Federation (EAFF)
- Anna Swaithes, Director of Sustainable Development SABMiller
- Prof. Harriet Friedmann, University of Toronto
- Prof. Gilles Trystram, Directeur of AgroParisTech
Registration is now open: please register online.
Early bird discount available until 1 November 2016.
This conference is organised by Cirad in partnership with:
- Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
- Agropolis International
- the CGIAR consortium and CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM)
- IDS (University of Sussex)
- Michigan State University
- Montpellier SupAgro
- the Moringa Fund
- the RIMISP
- Wageningen University
With the support of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Visit the AC&SD website for more information.