Digital Dividends: How to Get the Most From the Digital Revolution?
Nesta, London EC4A 1DE
UK Launch event of the World Development Report 2016 ‘Digital Dividends’
The new World Development Report ‘Digital Dividends’ argues that as digital technologies have spread rapidly in much of the world, the digital dividends – the broader development benefits from using these technologies – have lagged behind.
Digital technologies have boosted growth, expanded opportunities and improved service delivery but how can we work to ensure these benefits are fairly distributed. This event brings together digital experts, social scientists, policy makers and the private sector, to discuss whether countries are getting the most out of the digital revolution and what needs to be done to make sure digital dividends are felt by everyone, everywhere.
- Chair: Geoff Mulgan, CEO, Nesta
- Deepak K. Mishra, Lead Economist and the Co-Director of WDR 2016, World Bank
- Uwe Deichmann, Senior Urban Specialist and the Co-Director of WDR 2016, World Bank
- Anne Jellema, CEO, World Wide Web Foundation
- Ben Ramalingam, Digital and Technology Leader, Institute of Development Studies