Research and knowledge at DFID: what role for evidence in the new aid strategy?
Convening Space, IDS
Professor Charlotte Watts was appointed Chief Scientific Adviser at the Department for International Development in October 2015 and will deliver a Sussex Development Lecture on research and knowledge at DFID: what role for evidence in the new aid strategy?
About the speaker
As DFID Chief Scientific Adviser Professor Watts' is responsible for:
- providing or quality assurance of scientific advice to ministers, senior civil servants and government more widely
- providing leadership and management of DFID’s research budget
- championing the use of robust evidence, including from research and evaluation, across DFID
- providing professional leadership to the specialists within DFID
- working with the wider community of Chief Scientific Advisers to address cross departmental issues
This event will be streamed live below.