Andy Sumner - Research Fellow
Vulnerability and Poverty Reduction
South East Asia.
Deborah is a professional project manager with twelve years commercial experience. For the last five years she has worked for the Institute of Development Studies, as the Team Administrative Coordinator working in the Vulnerability and Poverty Reduction team.
Key areas of the role
- Representing the VPR team across the Institute in key fora
- Management of the team administration budgets, workloads and staffing
- Responsive first point of contact for external enquiries
- Central point of contact for financial and human resource processes and procedures
- Internal communications and institutional reporting (management information, human resources, strategy indicators, annual reports, and finance)
- Champion for innovation and systems change
- Working closely with the Team Leader strategically and operationally to support team members and build capacity within the VPR team (fund-raising, proposals, marketing and teaching)
- Managing the recruitment, induction and training of new team members
She is also involved on various projects within the team as a project coordinator, and has worked on projects funded by UNICEF, the Ford Foundation, and the Department for International Development, amongst others.
Previously she worked for a digital design agency, Worth Digital, managing the design of development of website and content management system delivery, creating interactive educational resources and online community sites for both public and private sector clients. Her client list was diverse, and included organisations such as the BBC; Channel 4 learning, the Expert Patient Programme, GlaxoSmithKline and the Department of Health.
Related Content - News & Blogs