Participation and Development Relations
The three year Participation and Development Relations (PDR) Programme is currently in a 12 month transition phase during which time the team, in collaboration with its networks and partners as well as current/future donors, is developing a new five year programme of research, capacity development and communications for greater social justice, realising rights and supporting the empowerment of those living in poverty.
The team has been re-framing its vision that builds on a unique track record of supporting and developing participatory approaches that respond to local context and bridge operational practice with academic research and policy change. As part of this vision and developing this new programme of work, the team are concentrating on the following areas during the transition phase:
- Exploring and identifying approaches for a collaborative network of researchers, communicators and practitioners (including donors) to develop concepts, methods and strategies for strengthening capacity relating to power, participation and social change in the current international development environment.
- Establishing a global, collaborative initiative called the Participation Alliance with the aim of identifying, documenting and sharing innovations in participatory methods and practice.
- Working in-country with our partners to develop local networks of reflective development practitioners which includes the active involvement of Sida and/or SDC staff.
- Project Dates:
- October 2009 - September 2010
- Project Status:
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- Research Themes / Programmes:
Politics and Power