Exciting new programme of IDS events for 2013
IDS has a number of exciting events lined up for 2013 that will be taking place on the University of Sussex campus, Westminster and Brussels and further afield. We are also pleased to announce that an increasing number of our events will also be available to watch live over the internet.
Planned IDS events for 2013 so far
We have a range of high profile speakers already confirmed for this term's Sussex Development Lecture Series which we host in conjunction with the University of Sussex including:
- Dr Paul Amuna, Principal Lecturer/Programme Leader, MSc Nutritional Science, Greenwich University
- Dr Nandini Gooptu, Head of International Development, Oxford University
- Duncan Green, Senior Strategic Adviser, Oxfam GB
- Ghazala Mansuri and Vijayendra Rao, Lead Economists, World Bank
- Professor Stephany Griffith-Jones, Columbia University
In Brussels, IDS is hosting a high level panel discussion on how to improve local, national, regional and international efforts to restore human security to conflict affected states. The event will launch the new bulletin, Piecing it Together: Post-conflict security in an Africa of Networked Multilevel Governance, edited by Visiting Fellow David Leonard and will explore in more detail findings from the ESRC/AHRC funded Global Uncertainties: Security in an Africa of Networked, Multi-Level Governance programme.
IDS will also be holding a similar event in Westminster looking at issues of security and governance in Africa in partnership with the APPG Africa on Tuesday 29 January, 3:30 to 5:00pm. More details about this event to follow shortly.