Deborah Shenton - Hub Manager
Deborah is a professional project manager with eighteen years commercial experience. Since joining IDS she has worked at as a Team Administrative Coordinator and is now a Hub Manager.
Key areas of the role
- Management of the Hub budgets, workloads and staff
- Central point of contact for financial and human resource processes and procedures
- Senior project management support
- Lead on proposal development
- Internal communications and institutional reporting (management information, human resources, strategy indicators, annual reports, and finance)
- Champion for innovation and systems change
- Working closely with the Cluster Leaders strategically and operationally to support staff and build capacity within the Hub (fund-raising, proposals, marketing and teaching)
- Managing the recruitment, induction and training of new team members
She is also involved on various projects as senior project manager, leading the set up of large projects and programmes, and has worked on projects funded by UNICEF, the Ford Foundation, and the Department for International Development, amongst others.
Previously she worked for a digital design agency, Worth Digital, managing the design and development of website and content management system delivery, creating interactive educational resources and online community sites for both public and private sector clients. Her client list was diverse, and included organisations such as the BBC; Channel 4 learning, the Expert Patient Programme, GlaxoSmithKline and the Department of Health.