BRICS Economic Engagement Footprint Study
The first phase of the research looked at the nature of economic relations between the BRICS and Africa, in order to quantify the development footprint, focusing on various elements such as trade, investment. finance, overseas development aid and migration.
Recent work on this includes:
- The Economic Engagement Footprint of Rising Powers in Sub-Saharan Africa: Trade, Foreign Direct Invement and Aid Flow
- What is the Economic Engagement Footprint of Rising Powers on Africa
The current phase aims to look at development finance and the role of BRICS development banks.
Recent work includes:
- Rapid Response Briefing: What next for the BRICS Bank?
- Event at the UK Houses of Parliament: Will the BRICS Bank change development and shift the global balance of power?
Related Blog Entries
- Project Dates:
- April 2012 - December 2016
- Project Status:
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- Research Themes / Programmes:
BRICS and Rising Powers
Business and Development Centre
Centre for Rising Powers and Global Development
Economy and Finance
Rising Powers in International Development Programme