Knowledge, Evidence and Learning for Development (K4D)
K4D is a UKaid funded programme consortium led by the Institute of Development Studies. The overall goal of the programme is to deliver through the strategic integration of two overlapping capabilities: an in-depth understanding of learning and knowledge processes in the development sector, and a broad network of substantive experience of development issues.
The consortium consists of seven partners:
- Institute of Development Studies
- Education Development Trust
- ITAD Limited
- University of Manchester
- University of Birmingham
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Nuffield Centre for International Health and Development – University of Leeds
The focus of the programme is:
- How to learn in an organised fashion across a growing range of development settings,challenges and processes
- How to institutionalise such learning process in organisations so that they are more systematic and effective in confronting these challenges
- How to undertake such learning in an open and collaborative fashion so that it makes a widespread and lasting contribution to development outcomes across the sector.