Millennium Villages in Northern Ghana Impact Evaluation
The Millennium Villages in Northern Ghana Impact Evaluation is an independent evaluation which is being conducted over and above the Millennium Village project's own monitoring and evaluation.
The assessment of impact will be conducted using the difference-in-difference approach (DD) by comparing the change in outcomes between MV project areas and areas not covered by the project. The evaluation will include extended survey components and non-survey monitoring, around the Millennium Village site itself and in selected comparison sites. It has been designed to continue for 5 years beyond the period of direct intervention by the Millennium Village project, to assess the sustainability of the impacts achieved.
The intention is for the evaluation to provide evidence around the impact, sustainability, cost effectiveness and spillover effects (positive or negative) of the Millennium Villages model, helping to inform rural poverty reduction interventions internationally.
The evaluation is being carried out in partnership by:
The impact evaluation has been commissioned and funded by the Department for
International Development, UK.
For more information, contact Chris Barnett.
Peer Review Group
The Peer Review Group is being coordinated by the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) and includes:
- Thomas de Hoop, Evaluation Officer, 3ie
- Annette Brown, Deputy Director, 3ie
- Howard White, Executive Director, 3ie
- Chris Udry, Professor of Economics, Yale University
- Robert Osei, University of Ghana
Initial Design Document and Peer Review Assessment
- Impact Evaluation of a New Millennium Village in Northern Ghana Initial Design Document
- Impact Evaluation of a new Millennium Villages Project in Northern Ghana - Overall Assessment
- Impact Evaluation of a New Millennium Villages Project in Northern
Ghana - Initial Design Document Quantitative Data Collection Instruments
- Impact Evaluation of a New Millennium Villages Project in Northern Ghana Initial Design Document Qualitative Methods and Tools
- Impact Evaluation of a New Millennium Villages Project in Northern Ghana Initial Design Document Quality Assurance Protocols and Templates
Related Blog Entries
- Project Dates:
- March 2012 - Ongoing
- Project Status:
- Research Themes / Programmes:
Centre for Development Impact
Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and Post 2015 Agenda