Strengthening and Broadening Community-Led Total Sanitation at Scale
The overarching aim of the Hub is to contribute to the dignity, health and wellbeing of children, women and men in the developing world who currently suffer the consequences of inadequate or no sanitation and poor hygiene.
We are committed to supporting Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) to go to scale sustainably and with quality, broadening its scope, accelerating its spread and adding to its momentum as a movement. We do this in collaboration with practitioners, policymakers, researchers, and others in the development, sanitation and related communities, and in governments, international agencies, civil society, research institutes and other organisations.
We are dedicated to understanding the on-the-ground realities of CLTS and to learning about, sharing and promoting good practices, ideas and innovations. We provide spaces for reflection, continuous learning and knowledge exchange and seek to keep the CLTS community well connected and informed.
What we do
We support the scaling up of CLTS with quality and sustainability through:
- Action learning and networking
- Co-convening workshops for sharing and learning
- The CLTS website and bi-monthly newsletter
- Publications and dissemination, including Frontiers of CLTS: Innovations and Insights. This new series offers practical guidance on new methods and approaches, and thinking on broader issues and emerging topics in CLTS.
- Project Dates:
- October 2014 - September 2019
- Project Status:
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)
- Research Themes / Programmes:
Community-led Total Sanitation Programme