Professor Charlotte Watts was appointed Chief Scientific Adviser at the Department for International Development in October 2015 and will deliver a Sussex Development Lecture on research and knowledge at DFID: what role for evidence in the new aid strategy?
About the speaker
As DFID Chief Scientific Adviser Professor Watts’ is responsible for:
- providing or quality assurance of scientific advice to ministers, senior civil servants and government more widely
- providing leadership and management of DFID’s research budget
- championing the use of robust evidence, including from research and evaluation, across DFID
- providing professional leadership to the specialists within DFID
- working with the wider community of Chief Scientific Advisers to address cross departmental issues
This event will be streamed live below.