Western capitalism is in crisis. For decades investment has been falling, inequality has risen dramatically and climate change poses increasing risks to future prosperity. Economic policy has neither reformed the financial system nor restored stable growth.
Rethinking Capitalism offers radical new ideas on how to tackle these pressing problems, and most of all challenges mainstream economics that has stifled progress.
- Mariana Mazzucato (SPRU, University of Sussex)
- Michael Jacobs (University College of London)
- Steve McGuire (Head of School, BMEC)
- Andrea Cornwall (Head of School, Global Studies)
- Melissa Leach (Director, IDS)
- Carlota Perez (London School of Economics)
- Stephany Griffith-Jones (IPD, Columbia University)
This event is hosted by The Schools of Business, Management and Economics and Global Studies (University of Sussex) and the Institute of Development Studies.