BASIC (Better Assistance in Crises) Research is a Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) funded programme examining why, how and when to use social protection approaches in different crisis contexts, to deliver more effective social assistance so that vulnerable people cope better with crises and meet their basic needs. This online roundtable discussion will be a dialogue with other researchers and practitioners on the ground.
Watch live at 13:00 today
To ensure that BASIC Research is useful and useable by practitioners and policy actors, this roundtable discussion will focus on:
- Identifying the knowledge gaps and policy challenges that practitioners and policy actors face across a range of contexts; and
- Generating feedback on how BASIC Research can add value to existing work being done on social assistance in protracted crises.
Carla de Lacerda, independent consultant and formerly UNICEF/Grand Bargain
- Steven Were Omamo, CEO New Growth International, former Country Director, World Food Programme Ethiopia
- Massimo La Rosa, Thematic Expert on Forced Displacement, Migration and Social Protection, European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO)
- Lotti Douglas, Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
- Rachel Slater, BASIC Research Director
How to Watch
Follow BASIC Research on LinkedIn for the updates on publications and events.