IDS Fellow, Dr. Naomi Hossain, has been invited to be a keynote speaker on issues related to international aid and Bangladesh at a joint seminar organised by the Departments of Development Studies and Public Administration at the University of Dhaka.
Dr. Hossain will give a presentation on “Understanding Bangladesh’s unexpected development success: political economy, political ecology and aid relations”, drawing on her recent research and forthcoming book, The Aid Lab: Understanding Bangladesh’s Unexpected Success, published by the Oxford University Press.
Schedule for joint seminar at University of Dhaka
- 11:00-11:10: Welcome address by Professor Akhter Hossain, Chair, Department of Public Administration
- 11:10-11:40: Keynote presentation by Dr. Naomi Hossain, IDS, Sussex
- 11:40-12:10: Discussion by Professor Atiur Rahman, Department of Development Studies and by Professor Salahuddin M. Aminuzzaman, Department of Public Administration
- 12:10-12:30: Open discussion
- 12:30-12:45: Speech by Professor Farid Uddin Ahmed, Chief Guest
- 12:45-12:55: Closure by Professor. Abu Eusuf, Chair, Department of Development Studies
30% discount available for online purchases of “The Aid Lab”
Oxford University Press are offering a promotional discount of 30% for individuals wishing to purchase Dr. Hossain’s book. Visit the OUP website and use the promotional code ASFLYQ6 (for up to maximum 10 copies of the book). This offer is available until 31 December 2017.