The Institute of Development Studies has published its Annual Review 2020. The Review presents our progress over the past year and illustrates how we are helping to create more equal and sustainable societies.
Introducing the Annual Review, IDS Director Melissa Leach said:
“It has been an extraordinary time of challenge and change. The Covid-19 pandemic and its economic, social and political fall-outs continue to rock the world. Amidst this shifting context, we have worked together with over 400 global partners to generate vital knowledge to address global challenges and crises such as Covid-19 and realise our shared vision of a more equitable and sustainable world. We hope our 2020 Annual Review inspires you to join us.”
Highlights of IDS work over the past 12 months include:
- Contributing vital insights that have informed emergency responses to disease outbreaks for Covid-19, Ebola and cholera.
- Collaborating with India’s most marginalised communities to help ensure their voices shape the policies intended to ensure they are not left behind.
- Supporting job creation and increased incomes in Africa.
- Improving policymaking in Zanzibar through enhanced evidence-handling skills.
- Pushing cash transfers up the European Union development agenda to help tackle inequality.
- Enabling young people to shape Ethiopia’s national youth policy.
The Annual Review offers readers the opportunity to:
- Get an overview of our strategic commitments and priorities.
- Discover how we are shaping the knowledge, action and leadership needed for more equitable and sustainable societies.
- See concrete examples of how our work is making a difference to debates, policy and practice – and how we are contributing to transformations that will lead to better lives globally.