Senior International Associates Programme and Mutual Learning
The Rising Powers in International Development programme is bringing Senior International Associates to the UK as part of its mutual learning programme.
The Senior International Associates (SIAs) are highly experienced policymakers and leading thinkers from the BRICS and other Rising Powers who spend an initial period working closely with IDS to reflect on the experiences of their country.
The SIAs will participate in activities aimed at building mutual understanding on the lessons from these experiences and their implications for development policies and strategies. They will remain involved in the programme until the end of its first phase in 2016 by participating in high-level meetings with policymakers, supporting the development of a programme of collaborative research and taking part in the governance of the SIA fellowship programme.
The first Senior International Associates for the Rising Powers in International Development are:
- Dr Rômulo Paes de Sousa, formerly Deputy Minister of Social Development in Brazil
- Professor Zhang Xiulan, Dean of School of Social Development and Public Policy and Executive Director of the China Institute of Health Policy at Beijing Normal University.
- Professor Xu Lan, Dean of the School of Public Policy and Management at Tsinghua University
- Dr Sachin Chaturvedi, Director-General, Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries
- Professor Ambuj Sagar, Professor of Policy Studies at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
The RPID programme component on mutual learning also includes learning events with traditional aid donors, including the UK Department for International Development
- Project Dates:
- April 2012 - March 2016
- Project Status:
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- Research Themes / Programmes:
BRICS and Rising Powers
Rising Powers in International Development Programme