This issue of Joto Afrika looks at the impllications of the REDD initiative (reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation) for forest management in Africa, in the conext of climate change.
It looks specfically at:
- Forest management and climate stability
- Decentralised forest management in Tanzania
- Promoting sustainability in Cameroon’s Kongo community forest
- Reducing emissions through agroforestry
- Implementing REDD schemes in Tanzania
- Restoring Kenya’s Mau Forest
The Joto Afrika series is produced jointly by IDS, the Arid Lands Information Network (ALIN) and the AfricaAdapt Network. Publications are hosted by ALIN.