This issue of Development Policy Review arises from a study of the impact and effectiveness of transparency and accountability initiatives (TAIs) in different development sectors. It analyses existing evidence, discusses how approaches to learning about TAIs might be improved, and recommends how impact and effectiveness could be enhanced.
Articles in this Special Issue:
- Gaventa, J. and McGee, R.: The Impact of Transparency and Accountability Initiatives
- Joshi, A.: Do They Work? Assessing the Impact of Transparency and Accountability Initiatives in Service Delivery
- Carlitz, R.: Improving Transparency and Accountability in the Budget Process: An Assessment of Recent Initiatives
- Calland, R. and Bentley, K.: The Impact and Effectiveness of Transparency and Accountability Initiatives: Freedom of Information
- Mejia Acosta, A.:The Impact and Effectiveness of Accountability and Transparency Initiatives: The Governance of Natural Resources
- McGee, R.: Aid Transparency and Accountability: ‘Build it and they’ll come?’