CDG is a collaborative research initiative seeking to identify national and sub-national governance options for reducing climate and disaster risk to poor communities and keep development on track.
CDG supports policy-makers and civil society organisations engaged in disaster and climate-resilient development at every scale.Four research streams provide the framework for collaboration on the different dimensions of climate and disaster governance. Cross-cutting research projects are also supported:
- Citizen engagement and accountability
- What role for social protection?
- Institution building in fragile states
- Implications of international policy frameworks
- CDG also offers a bursary scheme to enable practitioners and researchers from developing countries to conduct small pieces of research on topics relating to the four themes.
Visit www.climategovernance.org for publications, news and events and to access:
- Details of all the research projects
- CDG Working Paper series
- Links to the latest research and initiatives on Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation convergence
- Eligibility and application information for the CDG Bursary Scheme