The programme is implemented by the Centre of Social Protection (CSP) at IDS, with the logistical support of UNICEF Chad and a team of national partners. The main outputs of the programme will be the elaboration of the National Strategy for Social Protection and the piloting of selected social protection interventions.
To achieve these anticipated results, the CSP will balance technical support to the development of the social protection strategy and design of social protection interventions. This work aims at building capacity and raising awareness of social protection with relevant audiences. Work on capacity development, communications and advocacy will be integrated at every stage of the process to ensure sustainable results.
The 5 components of the programmes are:
- Component 1: Data, analysis and evidence base to guide programme design
- Component 2: National Social Protection Policy drafting
- Component 3: Programme feasibility, design and piloting
- Component 4: Evidence synthesis – programme documentation and dissemination
- Component 5: Policy engagement, advocacy and follow up support
Flow Chart of Timeline for Technical Assistance to Support UNICEF and the Government of Chad