The Well-being, Ecology, Gender and cOmmunity – Innovation Training Network (WEGO-ITN) is the first international feminist political ecology research network of its kind, WEGO-ITN aspires to tackle socioecological challenges linked to policy agendas. The goal of WEGO-ITN is to provide research that will demonstrate to policy makers how communities actively sustain and care for their environment and community well-being.
With funding by the European Union the Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska – Curie, WEGO-ITN is made up of 20 institutions. IDS is one of 10 host institutions for a total of 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs), creating the first European ITN on Feminist Political Ecology (FPE). IDS’ ESR is Eunice Wangari.
The ESR host institutions are:
- The International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS) (Coordinating Institute)
- Freie University Berlin (FUB)
- Institute of Environmental Science and Technology (ICTA-UAB)
- Institute of Development Studies (IDS)
- Pangea Foundation (PF)
- University of Oslo (UiO)
- University of Brighton (UofB)
- University of Passau (UPAS)
- IHE Institute for Water Education, Delft (IHE)
- Wageningen University (WU)