It has been an extraordinary year for global development. The Covid-19 pandemic has continued to disrupt and transform how people live and organisations function throughout the world. At IDS, it has challenged how we contribute to creating a more equitable and sustainable world. But it has also created opportunities and new ways of thinking. Our response showcased our commitment to making a difference for lasting change. The Annual Review 2021 presents our progress over the past year.
Highlights of IDS work over the past 12 months include:
- Collaborating to reform Freetown’s property tax system
- Providing new directions for development through fifty year’s of research on pastoralism
- Connecting the digitally disconnected in the UK
- Strengthening leadership through pedagogical reform in Africa
- Delivering online learning about social protection, for everyone everywhere
- Achieving climate justice in South Asia’s Sundarbans delta
- Championing the use of evidence in UN and UK policy spaces for social and religious equality
- Building regional networks for development
The Annual Review offers readers the opportunity to:
- Get an overview of our strategic commitments and priorities.
- Discover how we are shaping the knowledge, action and leadership needed for more equitable and sustainable societies.
- See concrete examples of how our work is making a difference to debates, policy and practice – and how we are contributing to transformations that will lead to better lives globally.