The new book, Handbook of Alternative Theories of Economic Development, explores the theories and approaches which, over a prolonged period of time, have existed as viable alternatives to today’s mainstream and neo-classical tenets.
With a total of 40 specially commissioned chapters, written by the foremost authorities in their respective fields, this volume represents a landmark in the field of economic development. It elucidates the richness of the alternative and sometimes misunderstood ideas which, in different historical contexts, have proved to be vital to the improvement of the human condition.
At this IDS Seminar, the editors of the new Handbook of Alternative Theories of Economic Development will speak, followed by an opportunity for questions and discussion.
- Erik S. Reinert, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia and The Other Canon Foundation, Norway
- Jayati Ghosh, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
- Rainer Kattel, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Chair: Melissa Leach, IDS Director
- Discussant: Stephen Spratt, IDS Research Fellow
Part 1: Erik S. Reinert
Part 2: Jayati Ghosh
Part 3: Rainer Kattel