Join the IDS-led Coalition for Religious Equality and Inclusive Development (CREID) in the launch of new research exploring how the Covid-19 pandemic impacted religiously marginalised groups experiencing intersecting vulnerabilities in India and Nigeria.
The speakers will present the direct and indirect impacts of Covid-19, how religious inequalities intersect with other inequalities of power to shape how people have experienced the pandemic, and what this means for policymakers. How can we coordinate effective support to avert deepening marginalisation?
- Fiona Bruce MP, Prime Minister’s Special Envoy on Freedom of Religion or Belief, UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Ahmed Shaheed, UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief and Deputy Director of the Essex Human Rights Centre
- Joanna Howard, Research Fellow and Cluster Leader, Participation, Inclusion and Social Change, Institute of Development Studies
- Oluwafunmilayo Para-Mallam, Professor of Gender and Development Studies, National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Nigeria (tbc)
- Mariz Tadros, Director of the Coalition for Religious Equality and Inclusive Development and Professor of Politics and Development, Institute of Development Studies
- Other speakers from India and Nigeria (tbc)