The Hunger And Nutrition Commitment Index (HANCI 2013): Measuring the Political Commitment to Reduce Hunger and Undernutrition in Developing Countries
IDS Evidence Report 78
Download this publication
This report presents the Hunger And Nutrition Commitment Index (HANCI) 2013. It seeks to:
- Rank governments on their political commitment to tackling hunger and undernutrition;
- Measure what governments achieve and where they fail in addressing hunger and undernutrition – providing greater transparency and public accountability;
- Praise governments where due, and highlight areas for improvement;
- Support civil society to reinforce and stimulate additional commitment towards accelerating the reduction of hunger and undernutrition;
- Assess whether improving commitment levels leads to a reduction in hunger and undernutrition.
The report builds on the HANCI 2012, first launched in April 2013, and incorporates new data collated until December 2013. It also presents new primary research findings on political commitment in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Malawi, Tanzania and Zambia.