Next month, IDS researchers will attend the EADI ISS Conference 2021: Solidarity, Peace and Social Justice.
The event brings together world-class researchers and practitioners working on peace and justice to debate critical issues, share insights, exchange ideas and network.
Together we hope to strengthen development thinking and practice leading to policy improvements and generation of more effective interventions.
Our engagement in the event reflects our strategic priority to work with partners to expand international research and mutual learning networks for development. We want to help connect a network of researchers from IDS to those within and outside of Europe all of whom are committed to sharing, learning, and working together with governments, civil society, and the private sector in Europe. This is one objective of the IDS European Engagement Initiative, which aims to better understand and address fast emerging perspectives on universal development challenges, and to ensure the inclusion of diverse voices.
Meet us at the EADI ISS Conference
IDS researchers will present research findings and spark discussion at eight sessions during the conference. Please join us. All times are BST.
- Monday 5 July, 13.00: EADI-ISS Opening Plenary: Global Solidarity and Covid-19, including IDS Director Melissa Leach
- Tuesday 6 July 10.00: Solidarity and the Next Generation: Youth and Change in Undemocratic Regimes, co-chaired by IDS Fellow Marjoke Oosterom
- Tuesday 6 July 10.00: Practising Feminist Political Ecology: Building Knowledge Communities, co-chaired IDS Fellow Lyla Mehta
- Tuesday 6 July, 13.00: Water, Food and Social Justice, co-chaired IDS Fellow Lyla Mehta
- Tuesday 6 July, 13.00: Multidimensional Impacts of COVID-19 on Poverty and Wellbeing, co-chaired by IDS Fellow Keetie Roelen
- Tuesday 6 July, 13.00: Building Solidarity for Empowerment and Accountability in Difficult Settings, chaired by IDS Fellow John Gaventa
- Tuesday 6 July 14.30: Building Solidarity for Empowerment and Accountability in Difficult Settings, chaired by IDS Fellow Colin Anderson
- Thursday 8 July, 11.30: Fostering Global, Progressive Solidarity Networks, co-chaired by IDS Fellows Marjoke Oosterom and Marina Apgar
The Conference takes place online from 5 to 8 July 2021.
Find out more about the EADI ISS Conference 2021. Registration in advance is required and ticket prices for the full conference start at EUR70.
Download the full programme.
Follow the conference on Twitter: #Solidarity2021