Join us for a free Webinar on engaging men and boys in policy for gender equality on 20 July.
This session outlines evidence-based principles as guidance for reframing gender policy and understanding the transformation of gender norms in dynamic structural contexts. It draws on two years of work reviewing evidence, compiling case studies across nine themes and synthesising principles for guidance together with researchers, practitioners and policy makers.
Jerker Edström is an IDS Research Fellow and has worked for many years on gender, masculinities and structural violence, HIV prevention, sexual health, children affected by AIDS, participation, civil society support and international health. He recently directed the consortium ‘Engendering Men: Evidence on Routes to Gender Equality’ (EMERGE) and leads IDS’ Gender and Sexuality Cluster.
- Reframing Men and Boys in Policy for Gender Equality: Conceptual Guidance and an Agenda for Change
- Policy Brief: Reframing men and boys in policy for gender equality
- Practice Brief: Lessons in good practice from work with men and boys for gender equality
Other key readings are all available here.
- 6:00am Washington DC
- 11:00am London
- 12:00pm Geneva
- 12:00pm Johannesburg
- 1:00pm Kampala/Mwanza
- 3:30pm New Delhi/Bangalore
To join the webinar, you must call in AND join online to hear audio and view the slides.
- Register online now. You will then receive an email giving you the access code and toll-free numbers to dial.
- Log in to Ready Talk as a participant online, shortly before the presentation begins, so you can see the slides. Use access code 9272774.
- Dial in to Ready Talk on your telephone, shortly before the presentation begins, so you can hear the presenter speaking. Use access code 9272774.
If your country does not have a toll-free number, you can dial in for free through Skype using the US number 866-740-1260.
Please send enquiries to Michelle [dot] Moore [at] LSHTM [dot] ac [dot] uk by Friday 15 July 2016.