This roundtable will discuss the possibilities and results of transboundary research in the Indian and Bangladesh Sundarbans.
Speakers will share views from their work on the nature and extent of boundaries; and how transboundary research can lead to transformative knowledge and action around gender, livelihoods, and natural resource management. Innovative research methods—including PhotoVoice and digital photo diaries—will offer visual context.
- Dr Lars Otto Naess, Institute of Development Studies, UK
- Professor Lyla Mehta, Institute of Development Studies, UK
- Dr Saleemul Huq, International Centre for Climate Change and Development, Bangladesh
- Dr Sumana Bandyopadhyay, Calcutta University, India
- Dr Md. Kamrul Hassan, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Dr Camelia Dewan, University of Oslo, Norway
- Ms Mahmuda Mity, International Centre for Climate Change and Development, Bangladesh
- Dr Upasona Ghosh, Indian Institute of Public Health, Bhubaneshwar, India
- Mr Shibaji Bose, TAPESTRY project, West Bengal, India
- Mr Mihir R. Bhatt, All India Disaster Mitigation Institute, India
Co-hosted by the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD) and the TAPESTRY project.