Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
IDS is pleased to offer two scholarships in conjunction with the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered in partnership with select UK universities.
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
The scholarships are specifically for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries. They are offered under six development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and development
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
The award is only for master’s courses and not for undergraduate or PhD study. Eligible courses at IDS include:
- MA Development Studies
- MA Food and Development
- MA Gender and Development
- MA Globalisation, Business and Development
- MA Governance, Development and Public Policy
- MA Poverty and Development
- MA Power, Participation and Social Change
- MSc Climate Change, Development and Policy
Read more about studying at IDS at www.ids.ac.uk/learn
The deadline for application is 16:00 (GMT) on 14 December 2023.
How to apply
Apply via the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) online application system. Applicants will also need to apply for one of the above courses via the University of Sussex online application system by the application deadline, but do not need to have been made an offer of a place by this date.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme please email: [email protected]