Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2022
IDS is pleased to offer three scholarships in conjunction with the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered in partnership with select UK universities.
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
The scholarships are specifically for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries. They are offered under six development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and development
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
The award is only for Master’s courses and not for undergraduate or PhD study. Eligible courses at IDS include:
- MA Development Studies
- MA Poverty and Development
- MA Globalisation, Business and Development
- MA Governance, Development and Public Policy
- MA Gender and Development
- MA Power, Participation and Social Change
- MA Food and Development
- MSc Climate Change, Development and Policy
Read more about studying at IDS at www.ids.ac.uk/learn
How to apply
Apply via the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) online application system.
You can apply for more than one course and to more than one university through the CSSS, but you may only accept one offer of a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship.
Applications close at 16:00 (GMT) on 20 December 2021.
To be considered for an award, you must also apply to the University of Sussex to study one of the eligible IDS courses. You can select up to three eligible courses. Apply to IDS and the University of Sussex.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme please email: [email protected]