Tomorrow Today is a horizon scanning programme designed to support the preliminary but systematic exploration of new and emergent policy issues. Tomorrow Today provides a mechanism to think systematically about future opportunities and challenges.
In a complex and dynamic world emerging trends, issues and crises have the potential to impact significantly on development processes, and thus on lives and livelihoods. Effective short- and medium-term horizon scanning is thus essential. New tools, approaches and methods are needed to allow governments, donors, NGOs and businesses to scan, to act and to measure impact.
Tomorrow Today includes the following projects:
- Big Data and development
- Entomophagy and the global food system: future scenarios and plausible pathways
- Non-communicable diseases and development: Future Pathways
- Not just talk: Practice, power, knowledge and information and communication technologies (TPPI).
- Political economy of low carbon investment in China and India.
- Strategic Foresight in International Development
- The political economy of peri-urban expansion: exploring the potential and limits of the resilience agenda in urban development planning.
- Tomorrow Today: Development Frontiers in an insecure world: International security and the implications for development.
- Where next for social protection?
Convened by Jim Sumberg